mHealth is the practice of medicine and public health that is supported by mobile devices
The Healthcare and Medicine sector is one of the few industry verticals that has benefited a lot from recent innovations in the field of technology. Emerging technologies like blockchain and artificial intelligence are also being integrated with advantaged healthcare mobile applications.
Now, one of the questions that we get asked a lot on the internet is ‘how to design and develop a mobile app’. That’s why we at ‘MobileAppDaily’ decided to share some crucial information on how to develop a healthcare app through this short and meaningful app development guide.
According to a report released by Allied Market Research, the global mobile health market is estimated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of more than 33 percent in the next two years.
In yet another report published by the Statista, the increase in the mobile health apps in the upcoming years. As per the statistics, in 2017 the worth of mhealth industry was $25.39 billion U.S. dollars and by the end of 2020, the total healthcare app development revenue will cross the threshold of $58.8 billion U.S. dollars. Here is the graph for the same.
To design and develop an effective as well as efficient healthcare app is not easy as the there are many challenges faced by the web and mobile app developers. At present, there are millions of healthcare applications in the market that are built by healthcare mobile app development companies.
Key Reasons Behind the Need Of Healthcare Apps
Before we can dive into the healthcare app development process, we need to go through the reasons why medical apps and healthcare solutions are required and what’s their usage:
- The patient’s medical reports can be sent online via these healthcare mobile apps.
- Features like inbuilt messenger help to maintain easy and quick communication.
- The users can see their lab results as well as report analysis on their smartphones.
- With these healthcare applications, each patient can maintain his/her own medical record with a 24/7 accessibility.
- Doctors can directly send patients’ exercise recommendations to them with video tutorials.
- Healthcare mobile apps can be used by various healthcare professionals Surgeons, Nutritionists, Physiotherapist etc.
- Doctors can even provide medical prescriptions to their patients through mhealth applications.
Apart from this, medical healthcare applications can even be used to book an appointment or visit with the regular doctor. This will be based on different factors like work experience, qualifications, route directions to the doctor’s clinic etc as per the users’ requirements.
In one of our previous articles, we have elaborated on the benefits of healthcare mobile apps so if you want to get some in-depth insights on it, here it is ‘Benefits Of On-Demand Healthcare Mobile Apps’. With that being said, let’s go straight to the different types of healthcare applications currently available.